NEW PEUGEOT e-EXPERT
Driven by its commercial success, with more than 195,000 vehicles produced since its launch in 2016, the PEUGEOT Expert offers a new range in the compact van segment with a 100% electric power train.
A perfect example of the power of choice, the new PEUGEOT e-Expert has: an option of 2 different driving ranges offering up to 330km in the WLTP certification cycle, 3 lengths, towing capability up to 1000 kg and payload up to 1275 kg whilst maintaining the same loading volume as the internal combustion version.
Suitable for all jobs, with a large loading volume, a workspace that makes daily life easier, on-board technology and strong style, the new PEUGEOT e-Expert also allows unrestricted access to town centres. Featuring all the original qualities of the PEUGEOT Expert, without compromise and now with zero emissions.
A market in full e-volution
The compact van segment market in Europe represents more than 750,000 vehicles per year, and the PEUGEOT Expert has been increasing its market share every year since its launch in 2016.
Recently upgraded to Euro 6D standards with a range adapted to the specific uses of professionals, the PEUGEOT Expert is now available in a 100% electric version. The new version has kept the advantages of the PEUGEOT Expert, including the Compact version, which is unique in this segment and particularly suited to narrow streets and congested city centres.
The PEUGEOT e-Expert is capable of meeting business needs for many customers: craftsman (florists, plumbers, electricians, etc.), companies concerned with their eco-responsible image and government bodies (hospitals, local authorities, etc.) who are looking for a zero-emission vehicle to transport goods between sites. For more specific uses, van conversions are also possible.
Strong and distinguished style
True to the brand’s concept of power of choice, the new PEUGEOT e-Expert retains the muscular and robust style of the internal combustion versions, complemented by a few distinctive features.
On the outside you will find the dichroic Lions (a process that changes colour according to the angle of view), at the front and rear, a charging flap on the left front wing, a specific grille and an “e-Expert” monogram on the back.
On the inside, you can see an analogue handset with colour matrix, specific graphics for the central touch screen with TomTom Traffic 3D connected Navigation, which now includes available charging points and range based on remaining battery life, a new “e-Toggle” automatic gearbox control, a drive mode selector switch to switch between Eco, Normal or Power mode and an electric parking brake.
100% Electric technology
Based on the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) multi-energy modular platform, the PEUGEOT e-Expert offers a 100% electric engine with a maximum power of 100 kW and a maximum torque of 260 Nm available from start-up for immediate reactivity, without vibration, noise, gear shifting, fuel odours and of course no CO2 emissions.
The electric drive train is similar to the New PEUGEOT e-208 and the New SUV PEUGEOT e-2008, albeit a change has been made to the gearbox, which is shorter in order to meet the loading constraints inherent to commercial vehicles.
The performances (in POWER mode) are as follows (data under approval):
- The maximum speed is 130 km/h
- 0 to 100 km/h in 13.1 sec
- The 1000m standing start in 35.8 sec
- Acceleration from 80 to 120 km/h in 12.1 sec
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert is the first PEUGEOT electric vehicle to offer a choice of 2 different driving ranges. Compact, Standard and Long versions are available with the 50 kWh lithium-ion battery capacity and allow a range of up to 230 km according to the WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicles Test Procedures) certification protocol. The Standard and Long versions can also be equipped with a 75 kWh lithium-ion battery with a capacity of up to 330 km, according to the same approval protocol.
The battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charge capacity.
Two types of on-board chargers are available, to suit all uses and all customer charging solutions, with a 7.4 kW single-phase charger as standard and an optional 11 kW three-phase charger.
Charging modes are flexible and adapted to each daily situation. Several types of charging are possible:
- From a dedicated public terminal, the temperature regulation of the battery allows you to use 100 kW chargers and to reach 80% charge in 30 min (50 kWh battery) or 45 min (75 kWh battery).
- From an 11 kW Wall Box, full charge in 5h (50 kWh battery) or 7h30 (75kWh battery) with the on-board three-phase charger (11 kW)
- From a 7.4 kW Wall Box, full charge in 7h30 (50 kWh battery) or 11h20 (75kWh battery) with the single-phase (7.4 kW) on-board charger
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert offers a programmable deferred charge: from the Connected Navigation screen or from the MyPeugeot® smartphone application (depending on version). This system also makes it possible to start or defer charging at any time and to check the state of charge.
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert offers 3 driving modes from the mode selector:
- Eco (60 kW, 190 Nm) for autonomy
- Normal (80 kW, 210 Nm) optimal for everyday use
- Power (100 kW, 260 Nm) optimises performance when transporting heavy loads.
Two braking modes are available, with suitable types of battery charging:
- Moderate, which feels similar to an internal combustion vehicle
- Augmented (accessible from push “B”, for “Brake” located on the gearbox control), for increased deceleration when the accelerator pedal is released.
All versions of the new PEUGEOT e-Expert are equipped with the electric parking brake, a new feature on this model. In addition to freeing up floor space, this automatic function provides comfort and serenity to everyday driving.
Driving pleasure and practicality in everyday life
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert combines compact external dimensions with maximum loading capacities. The batteries are located under the floor, without any impact on the loading volume.
This positioning also favours rigidity, ensuring as agreeable and pleasurable drive as on the internal combustion versions thanks to optimal weight distribution. Suspension comfort is guaranteed, with specific shock absorbers and springs to ensure the best performance when unladen or laden.
The driver of the new PEUGEOT e-Expert is at ease in all situations, with a specially calibrated power steering system makes driving easier and still with a turning circle diameter of 11.3 m (Compact Version between kerbs) and a height limited to 1.90 m (depending on the version) which guarantees access to most car parks.
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert is available in the same versions as the internal combustion engines in order to meet all requirements:
- Vans (3 lengths: Compact 4.6m, Standard 4.95m and Long 5.30m),
- Crew Cab (5 or 6 seats, fixed or folding, in standard and long lengths),
- Chassis Cab (for body conversions, standard length).
Modularity continues to set the standard in the segment with the Moduwork 3-seater bench, thanks to the trapdoor in the partition and the side seat folding up, it makes it possible for:
- Three people to sit in the front seat. This practical aspect is very much appreciated by Professionals, who can transport their employees and tools from one worksite to another by optimizing the routes
- There to be a flat floor with an increased usable length of 1.16 m or additional volume at the front and 2 persons on board
- A mobile office function with the swivel table integrated into the folding backrest of the central seat
- Storage space under the centre seat.
The towing capacity allows for the possibility of towing a load up to 1000 kg. The payload volumes are strictly the same as those of the internal combustion engines and the payloads adapted to the 100% electric engine, up to 1275 kg.
A guarantee of safety and comfort for users, the 100% Electric versions enjoy the following technologies and driving aids (some optional, depending on grade):
- Hands-free sliding side doors
- Hands-free access and start-up
- Heads-up vision
- Grip Control
- Hill Start Function
- Speed regulator/limiter
- Involuntary Line Crossing Alert
- Collision alert
- Automatic emergency braking
- Driver Attention Alert
- Automatic high beam switching
- Speed sign recognition and recommendation
- Extended sign recognition (stop, no direction)
- Blind spot monitoring system.
The new PEUGEOT e- Expert also provides passengers with the highest level of temperature comfort with:
- A high-powered heating resistor (5 kW)
- Heated seats (depending on version)
- Thermal pre-conditioning programmable from the touch screen (depending on version) or remotely via the MyPeugeot® smartphone application. In addition to comfort, this function, when the vehicle is connected, optimises autonomy (faster convergence of the temperature set point during the starting phases) and allows the battery to reach the optimum operating temperature more quickly.
Inseparable from your everyday life, smartphones are also inseparable in the new PEUGEOT e-Expert. Information is integrated into the central screen thanks to MirrorScreen compatibility including the connection protocols Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™.
Being extremely quiet in operation and to ensure pedestrian safety in urban areas (up to 30 km / h), an audible signal is heard to indicate the presence of the vehicle in forward and reverse.
With this new vehicle perfectly embodying the power of choice, PEUGEOT is taking the electrification of its models one step further.
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert relies on 3 pillars :
- Serenity – Offering a range of PEUGEOT utility vehicles 100% electrified in 2021
- Pleasure – Uncompromising performance with PEUGEOT driving pleasure as DNA
- Simplicity – Supporting customers throughout the purchase and maintenance process.
The new PEUGEOT e-Expert will be marketed in Europe from the 2nd half of 2020, the production plant is in France near Valenciennes.